After complaining that knitting with the 9 inch Hiya Hiya needles hurt my hands I decided to exspirement. The first few pairs of socks that I knit with them all had a textured pattern. I decided to try knitting a simple shortie sock that was mostly stockingette stitch. I am happy to say that knitting a plain sock does not hurt my hands at all. It must be the movements I make while knitting a patterned sock that make my hands hurt.
You can see my Ravelry notes here
- PATTERN: Rose City Rollers
- STARTED: June 2ND – COMPLETED: June 17th
- YARN: Knit Picks Bare Stroll that I hand dyed myself
- YARDAGE/WEIGHT: fingering weight
- FIBER CONTENT: 75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon
- NEEDLES: US Size 1 (2.25 mm) 9 inch circular Hiya Hiya
- SIZE: 64 sts
- MODIFICATIONS: I modified the pattern so that my socks have a ribbed cuff instead of a rolled cuff. I knit 2 x 2 ribbing for 6 rounds and then knit the cuff until it was 1.5 before starting the heel. I followed the pattern for the rest of the sock.
- NOTES: My Daughter promptly claimed these as her own and lucky for her that was my initial plan anyway. Just don’t tell her that. 😉