I knit this hat with some yarn that I won for knitting donation hats. I only had 50 grams of this yarn so I ended up knitting a smaller sized hat than usual with all but a few inches of the yarn. I think that it will go into my gift pile.
This was my first time working with Noro yarn. It is 💯% wool and a bit on the scratchy side however it washed very nicely. It’s softer and it stretched out a little in size when I blocked it.
- GIFT RECIPIENT: Gift Pile
- PATTERN: Bankhead Hats by Susie Gourlay *free on Ravelry
- SIZE: Adult Medium
- STARTED: September 28th
- COMPLETED: October 1st
- YARN: Noro Kureyon color 354
- HANDDYED: no
- YARDAGE: 110 yards
- WEIGHT: 50 grams
- NEEDLES: 4.5 mm/US 7
- METHOD: circular needles & dpn’s
- MODIFICATIONS: I knit for 6.75 inches instead of 7 inches for yarn management and it’s a good thing that I did.
- NOTES: none