So, I started knitting this pair of socks back in July. I knit the first sock and casted on for the second sock before loosing interest and starting something new. I picked them up and finished this week.
I knit them with yarn that I dyed with cactus blossoms last summer.
I was really surprised to get this beautiful shade of gold out of red blossoms
you can read about my project details by clicking on this screen shot of my Ravelry Project Page.
My yarn dyeing style is wing it and see what happens. I mixed grey and black dye together hoping to get a tonal dark grey yarn. I decided it wasn’t dark enough so I mixed up more dye and poured it on top. These darker spots were at the bottom of the pan and although this isn’t the yarn that I intended I love it. I’m going to knit a shawl with this yarn and try again for the tonal yarn. Hopefully it works because after that I’m out of fingering weight yarn.